- This event has passed.
VGS – AGM – online
December 9, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Vision Group for Sidmouth will be having its annual meet-up at the end of the year.
Annual General Meeting
With the theme of looking back over the last year and forward to the next, this year’s short and focussed AGM will be happening on Thursday 9th December at 7pm, including officer reports and the VGS accounts.
The Chair will be considering briefly the achievements of the year and how the VGS might further build on these new contacts and relationships in establishing an activity and project agenda for 2022. With that in mind, the focus will be on planning for a larger-scale meeting in the New Year – to gather collaborators to share ideas & visions and consider the challenges & opportunities ahead.
A few more details:
The AGM be looking at what the VGS has been up to of late:
- The Sustainable Sidmouth Champions Awards have just been presented
- The VGS has been very much involved in the Beach Management Plan
- The group provides facilitation for the Sid Valley Biodiversity Group and a dedicated site for the River Sid, where various projects are moving forward
- There is the nice little project the Friends of Glen Goyle, where heritage meets natural habitat
- A dynamic way forward is being explored in the form of the SolarPunk movement, through another dedicated website
- The VGS contributes regularly to the social media pages of the Repair Café and Plastics Warriors
These projects are always looking for contributions -and the AGM will not only showcase these ventures but offer the opportunity for Q&As for anyone who would like to get involved. Plus, there’ll be some pointers to new project ideas – with a short look at plans for 2022, as the VGS tries to build on this collective input and look to further collaborations for the coming year.
To join on zoom or for further information, contact the Secretary at email@example.com
For the agenda see here: AGENDA for the AGM of the Vision Group for Sidmouth – 7pm -Thursday 9th December 2021 – links
For the accounts see here: ACCOUNTS A 2020-21 – audited