The VGS is an organisation of three parts:
- Groups – people aiming to achieve something within a subject area such as planning, energy etc. (eg: SidEnergy).
- Projects – well defined practical activities with a clear timescale for achievement. These need at least some people with existing skills.
- Initiatives – ideas or themes which the VGS can host or initiate, or where it can work with other groups. (eg: Sidmouth Plastic Warriors ) These may start completely from scratch with people developing knowledge as the initiative takes shape.
What do we do?
The Vision group is …
- A research group
- A focus for consultation
- A forum for open discussion of issues, problems and competing solutions
- A pooling of local talents for local problem-solving
- A think tank and ginger group
We are a voluntary organisation and have no political affiliation or funding.
In a little more detail:
The Mission of the Vision Group for Sidmouth is …
- to cherish the heritage of our Regency Resort and the surrounding coast and countryside
- to seek to improve amenities and facilities appropriate for residents and visitors in the 21st Century
- to encourage a vibrant economy, and
- to commend our vision to Local Planning initiatives
The Vision Group for Sidmouth is a branch of the Transition Network
The Vision Group works with other organisations such as …
- Sidmouth Town Council
- The Sid Vale Association
- The Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce
- The Sidmouth Hospitality Association
- East Devon District Council and Devon County Council
- Kennaway House
- The Transition Network
… and other local organisations
Save Our Sidmouth
Further details about VGS can be seen in our Constitution – Revised in May 2019 – Adopted on 7th June 2019
The members of the Co-ordination Team in 2019 are
Treasurer Roger Till
Communications Officer Mary Walden-Till (incorporating Webmaster, Publicity Officer and Secretary)
Chair of the Futures Forum Robert Crick
Secretary of the Futures Forum Jeremy Woodward