For the sustainable development of town and valley
Set up in 2005 by members of the Town Council and Sid Vale Association, the Vision Group for Sidmouth is now a determinedly independent group. It aims to provide support for local people and organisations who are taking up particular issues for improving Sidmouth life, and to listen to residents’ ideas.
If you need help setting up a community project within Sidmouth, the VGS wants to hear from you.
To give you an idea, members of the VGS have developed:
- The Farmers’ Market, now held in, and run by, Kennaway House every month
- The Science Festival, now an independent entity
- SidEnergy (formerly SVEAG), a community energy initiative
- The Futures Forum, both an on-line resource and a public platform for sharing ideas
- Sustainable Sidmouth, which is also part of the Transition Town movement
Members of the VGS have also helped with these projects:
- Plastic Free Sidmouth – led by the Plastic Free Warriors
- Sidmouth Repair Café at Manstone Youth Centre
- The Sid Valley Neighbourhood Plan – led by the Town Council
- Friends of the Byes – Sidmouth’s most active environmental project
- The Sidmouth Arboretum Project, the country’s first civic arboretum
We are a flexible and informal group of people, and to become a member all you need to do is add your email address to our list!
Click on the image links below to find out about an area of interest …
or open the contents panel by clicking Contents at the top left (the + sign opens further pages) …
or use the search at the top right (Search is also available from the Contents panel).
What is happening now?
Independent groups with whom the VGS strongly identifies.
Websites important to Sidmouth and the Sid Valley.