How do we use our land? The VGS news pages have looked at the issues:
The New Economics Foundation is holding a conference next month:
Land ownership: the greatest monopoly
Wednesday 20th November, 6-7.30pm
Rich Mix, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, London
- George Monbiot – Writer and Activist (chair): Want to tackle inequality? Then first change our land ownership laws
- Sian Berry – Co-leader of the Green Party
- Toby Lloyd – Former Senior Advisor to the May Government
- An author of the Land for the Many Report TBC:
- Hanna Wheatley – Researcher, New Economics Foundation
- More speakers TBC
Choose any number of issues facing the UK today and you will find a route back to land. It underpins issues of housing, inequality, ownership, food, the climate emergency, and so much more.
A burgeoning movement for national land reform has brought the question of land to the fore of politics. But what would a radical agenda for land reform look like? What organisations are pushing for this change right now? How do we build on the momentum created by bold new proposals outlined in the recent Land for the Many report, which made national headlines?
Tickets to this event are free but spaces are limited so book early to avoid missing out!
We hope to see you there,
New Economics Foundation