“Customers can enjoy their food safely whilst bringing in some much-needed business.”
The Town Council website gives several food outlets which are offering a delivery and take-away service:
Below is an up to date summary of home delivery schemes:
- Woolbrook News Delivery Service – ring 01395 514224 before 11am for same day delivery Monday – Saturday (£1.25 in the Sid Valley).n.b Deliveries only to those who have no one else to deliver or shop for them.
- Spar Delivery Service (Temple Street, Sidmouth) – ring 01395 513008 9am to 4pm (service available every day)
- Drews of Sidbury Delivery Service – ring 01395 597373
- The Red Lion Sidbury – ring 01395 597313 for takeaway service of food or alcohol, Friday & Saturday 6-9pm
- The Dairy Shop, Sidmouth – ring 01395 513018 (free delivery on orders over £10 payment by card over the phone – town centre deliveries only)
- The Balfour Arms – ring Deborah Bennett 07900 200327 for delivery of meals, shopping etc.
- The Courtyard, Sidmouth – ring 01395 577553 for delivery of hot & cold food + extra items (small delivery charge)
- The Clocktower Restaurant, Sidmouth – ring 01395 515319, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to website https://www.clocktowersidmouth.com/home-deliveries for meals to heat and eat
- Ian Winchester & Sons – ring or text 07791 586197 or email email@example.com to check on availability of delivery services of fresh fruit and vegetable boxes
- Hayman’s Butchers – ring 01395 512877 to order ready meals, meats, pies & pasties by Mon for delivery on Thu/Fri. Free local delivery on orders over £10 see www.haymansbutchers.co.uk/chefs-page-newsletter for details.
- Royal York & Faulkner Hotel/Blinis – Freshly prepared meals with free home delivery throughout the Sid-Valley area. Call Freephone 0800 220714 for further details & see our menu link here
A couple more have joined in the last couple of days:
As reported by Sidmouth Nub News, the Swan Inn in Sidmouth “is offering a home-cooked takeaway service to help make ends meet while the coronavirus crisis prevents it from opening. On Tuesdays, The Swan Inn provides homemade favourites – including traditional dishes such as liver and bacon and faggots – with a takeaway curry menu for Friday and Saturday.”
Click here for The Swan Inn Facebook page with all the details for ordering, or call on 07966 453822:
Sidmouth’s The White Horse Cafe is reopening its doors today (7 May). The restaurant, which has been shut for the past seven weeks due to the Covid-19 crisis, is hoping that by offering a takeaway service customers can enjoy their food safely whilst bringing in some much-needed business. “We want to tell customers that they won’t have to queue for ages for their food, as we provide a quick, efficient service; so people shouldn’t worry about long waiting times.”
The White Horse Cafe is open from 12pm – 4pm Monday to Thursday and from 12pm – 7pm on Friday and Saturday. Click here for the website, or call 01395 514271 to place an order over the phone: